Sunday, May 21, 2006

The DaVinci Code

The long awaited movie is finally out and well, it turned out pretty nice for me. I've read half of the book and the story wasn't nice at first, knowing what would be happenning next. Then again, the whole movie is like being fast forwarded. They twisted the story a bit and certain things are supposed to be mentioned in the front instead of at the end. I don't know why they chose to pick Tom Hank as Robert Langdon and an unknown actress (to me) as Princess Sophie. The character; Robert Langdon should be someone smart and yet, they picked Tom Hank. Lawak.

Overall, I've learnt quite a lot about Christianity through this movie somehow and we found out that there were actually quite a lot of women called 'Mary' last time. Dang. While watching the movie, they mentioned that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute and yet I thought Mary Magdalene is the Christ's mum. Memang lawak. Anyways, I love Dan Brown for writing such a nice book. The way he talked about the painting of The Last Supper was pretty cool and I never imagine a painting could portray so many things. I would say that the whole movie is pretty cool and we should watch the movie first instead of reading it first. That's for my case la. I only managed to finish half of the book as I got dozens of papers to read at that time and I was quite blur of the whatever histories mentioned in the book, especially regarding to Christianity. Hehe.

Here's a funny site on DVC. =))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mary magdalene and mary christ's mom different ppl ma...
anyway the book is a fiction so cannot believe everything writen there lo..
i haven't seen the movie lo...how would you rate it from the range of 1 to 10?