Friday, April 20, 2007

Jalan Jalan Cari Makan

This entry is about the Penang Trip which I mentioned the other day. Paiseh about the late update. Anyhow, Sharon managed to blog this way ahead of me. Wonder where did she find the time to blog, edit the photos and upload all the photos. *pui fook pui fook*.

Here goes the camwhore on FOOD! and some lame posers. :P
Morning:


The famous Penang Lemak Laksa. Somehow I prefer this more than the original Assam Laksa. Only RM 2.50!


This is the shop selling the yummy lemak laksa. It's at Pulau Tikus Balik Pulau (Sharon, >:P), a long drive from our place. Takes around 30 - 45 minutes to reach I think. Sharon actually got lost on her way there. Haha! And she rather not blog about it. So, I am here to 'cheong soi' this Penang gal. Ha! Ha!



The famous Penang Assam Laksa. Not much comment for this as I don't favour it that much.



This is the famous stall and the famous apek. Hehe. You can find this at the Pasar Air Itam, walking distance to Kek Lok Si Temple.


Yummy popiah and the stall which is just right next to the assam laksa stall.



Afternoon:

After that, off we went to Kek Lok Si Temple again (went there 2 weeks ago), so friends... don't come to Penang so soon. Haha! *hinting to Banana*

The hungry okuis~ Apa size pun ada :S

Some nice shots on the temple.....



Hehe! I love this pic. Skillful photographer eh? :P

Then, off we went to see the big Pagoda. Need to take cable car up. 4 bucks per person.

And camwhoring started with some of the 12 zodiacs.



Robin trying to act cute.


Errm.... I rather have comment on this lame poser! -.-"

Yeah! That's me with my favourite pig of all times.

It's actually a long bench ya know?

Cute PIG zodiac. You can find 12 big zodiac statues here.

Naughty me! *blush*

Evening:


Penang Road Famous Cendol Stall


Even Phua Chu Kang and Rosie were here before!

Night:


I took them to Cherry Blossom Thai Restaurant at Sg. Ara and the result.........They love it! Many many thumbs up for me! Haha! Robin and Henry said this is the best they have compared to the laksa, ikan bakar, etc. Hehe. Was too busy eating till I forgot to snap the pics. We had seafood tomyam, green curry, special fried crispy kangkung (can't find this elsewhere!), etc. I can't remember what was the dish shown above but it's one of the appetizer. You have to put the nut 'kuah' together with the ingredients and balut them with the leaf. Dunno what kind of leaf is that either! All in all, it's yummy and they love it!


Ex housemates of 632 i Jalan Delima 4, Malacca. Hehe.


No comments: