Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cari Makan In KL

First thing I had on my very first day in KL was Sarawak Laksa! YUP! This entry will focused more on Kuching food rather than KL food! Hehe.

Located in Puchong (facing Giant hypermarket, right next to Old Town Kopitiam), Hai Xiang Cafe is operated by Mr. BF's cousin, Adrian and wife Elly. Their specialty would be their steamed chicken rice (which we didn't order). Their Sarawak Laksa is RM 8 per bowl but the portion is actually quite huge. What's more important is it tasted exactly like the original Sarawak Laksa!!! Why can't we find it here in Penang? Not even in Laksa Shack, my dear Sharon. =P

100% Sarawak Laksa that you can find in KL.

They have the 3 layers teh ci peng too but we're not that interested. Haha. We had yiu char kueh with kaya and butter too. That's the first time I tried this version of yiu char kueh but Mr. BF said I'm like a 'suaku'. No photo taken as we're too hungry to gobble everything down. >____<

The very next day, we had yummylicious tomato mee and kueh tiaw!! If you miss having tomato mee or kueh tiaw or never ever try this kind of Sarawak specialty before, try locating it at Restoran Gembira Good Luck in Taman Megah.



I wanted to try their Kolo Mee but the stall had only kueh tiaw left. Sigh. When they served my bowl of kolo kueh tiaw, I asked the fellow if he got put any char siu sauce or not. He told me that KL people won't dare to eat if their mee/kueh tiaw is too red! Haha. FYI, after they roast the char siu, they have this fragrant red colored oil (we call that the char siu sauce) which they used for kolo mee. Kolo mee ain't perfect without this kind of sauce I tell you. =P

Not so red right? ROFL.

Seems like you can find a few Sarawak stalls within this area. The next day, we had kolo mee at Ming Tien food court which is located opposite Restoran Good Luck. Oh ya. You can find Sarawak food at Restoran Gembira too. ;)

Not so red either. =(

One of the stalls at the food court sells weird fried food like lychee (who would fry lychee and eat), banana, pineapple, mushrooms, etc. :S


We ordered their Golden Cheese Pork Balls (RM5.50) which I think were too salty for my liking.


The next day, we tried some KL food at last. LOL. We had curry pan mee somewhere near KL Sentral with Mr. BF's friend. Hehe. Their small bowl is RM 5.50 but the portion is actually quite big. Both of us cannot even finish one bowl. :S


KL trip wasn't perfect until we had my favourite Hokkien Mee! =))


Opps. No photo of the yummy hokkien mee too. We're just too hungry. Wakakakakaka...

10 comments:

simpleU said...

I din know KL do sell Sarawak specialty. Goody, I shall give these place a visit and see if its as nice as Sarawak's:)

simpleU said...

Sarawak has real nice food. KL should serve more sarawak's specialty!

Eryn said...

Yeah! Try their tomato mee and laksa! Yum!

The Devil said...

ahmoi...

tomato mee and the kolo kueh tiaw is from restoran megah good luck la... they also got sarawak laksa... my bro is their usual customer...

restoran gembira only sell kuching laksa n kuching kolo mee... i know coz i prefer this shop's laksa over the restoran megah good luck's laksa... this family is from Miri ma... :D

Eryn said...

Alamak! Good Luck! Gembira! Good Luck! Gembira! *confused* haha. Paiseh. Modified liau. =P

The Devil said...

eyerrrrrrrr....... the ming tien's sarawak hand made noodle cannot makan 1 la... it is so fake... hahahaha

but the sarawak hand made noodle at ming tien kuchai lama.. sedap... but the place is torn down for renovation i think...

if u wan sibu's kampua mee and another sarawak laksa... go to ming tien food court at sunway... just beside one academy there...

sold by my relative from kahnowit... hahahaha

Eryn said...

@_@ cari makan ma. I only said the tomato mee and the laksa are nice. Bleks. =P

Eryn said...

LOL I'm only there for 3 days la dude. Nvm. I will get to taste REAL sarawak food end of this month. La la la...

The Devil said...

so nice... tapao for me... i go lcct to collect... hahahah :D

Eryn said...

Uncle, Aku direct flight la. Where got stop by lcct. =P