Monday, July 21, 2008

Movies I Watched During The Weekend


Movie #1. College Road Trip


College Road Trip stars Martin Lawrence, Raven-Symone, Donny Osmond, and a pig. Yeah. You read me correct. You can find a pig in the movie. It's super cute and I get pretty excited when the pig appears in the movie. The pig actually steals scenes I must say. LOL.


If you have a super duper overprotective and controlling father isn't quite ready to let you go, choosing which college to attend to will not be the most exciting and thrilling time. It reminds me of how my parents let me go when I decided to study in West Malaysia last time. Sobs. I actually enjoyed this movie. It's hilarious to see how protective and touching a father can be. I'll give a 7/10. =P

Movie #2. The Love Guru


In the comedy 'The Love Guru', Pitka is an American who was left in India as a child and raised by gurus. He then moves back to the U.S. to seek fame and fortune in the world of self-help and spirituality. Some say it's the worst comedy of the year and some say it's freaking hilarious. Well, I happen to enjoy this kind of lawak bodoh movie. Hehe. All you need is to pretend that you have a really low IQ and laugh at jokes that are really dumb. Scenes like the followings definitely made me laugh out loud. Hehe. You can skip these few points if you still wanna watch this movie. =P

1. Pitka using shower cap for his long beard.
2. Pikta teaching his students by using profane acronyms like B.L.O.W.M.E.
3. Pikta posing in a picture imitating Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan (with censored crotch shots of course!).
4. Pikta distracting the crowds by bringing two elephants onto the ice rink (the elephants were busy humping after that).
5. The Bollywood dancing with songs!!!

Bollywood dancing where Jessica Alba pretends that she knows how to sing an Indian song. LOL.

This movie stars Mike Myers (the voice of Shrek), Jessica Alba and Justin Timberlake. Oh Boy. Guess how JT looks like in the movie. It's freaking hilarious.

Urm. I hope you're not looking at 'somewhere' big.

I'll give a 7/10 for this movie. Provided if you like lawak bodoh movie, you would enjoy the movie like me too. =P

Movie #3. Red Cliff

With a budget of US$80 million, Red Cliff is a Chinese epic film that took place in China 1700 years ago (during Han Dynasty). Directed by John Woo, this film has a great cast but I only know half of them (Tony Leung, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Chang Chen and Zhao Wei). I had to rely on the subtitles because I'm confused with the names and I'm a noob in China history. Sadly, I only know names like Cao Cao and Zhuge Liang but I don't know what their roles are in China history. Yeah. Shame on me. LOL. I hate it because the movie ends with a 'cliffhanger', leaving me questions like who will win the battle and will Zhuge Liang and Zhou Yun become enemies after the war? The decisive battle will be shown in the second part of the film, probably in December or January I think.


I'll give a 8.5/10 ratings for this movie because I'm quite amazed by how they used their wisdoms in the war strategies. How loyal they can be to their leader and how they fought without fear and anxiety. You'll be amazed seriously. Hehe.

Movie #4. Speed Racer


No review. I don't know how to rate this. I hate it. Too many visual effects. Too 'kua cheong'. If it's not for Rain, I don't think I would wanna watch it. Matthew Fox looks old in the movie too. Not my kind of movie la I think. =(

Wee~! We're watching The Dark Knight this Wednesday. Hehe. Can't wait. Another movie that I'm anticipating would be 'Don't Mess with the Zohan' by Adam Sandler. I mean. Who don't love Adam Sandler? I know I do. =P


2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

have yet to watch any of the movies u blogged abt .... heard abt this 4 movies also ... will get it soon then need to find 8hrs of time to watch it

wyenn said...

"Don't mess with zohan" is a funny movie, i bet you will like it.