Friday, August 15, 2008

Little Miss Sooty


Sooty was a very rebellious hamster. Yes. Note the word in bold. Sigh. She passed away yesterday evening (I think) and when I found her, her body was still warm. If and only if I checked on her earlier. Maybe I would be able to at least save her or go through the tough time with her. Sobs. Sooty was with me since June 07. She died at the age of ~14 months old. At least, she lived longer than Tooty (~9 months old) and Fabby (~1 week old) no? FYI, their ages are calculated based on the time they spent with me because I did not check their ages when I got them from the pet shop. They might be older lo.

At first, I thought Sooty would be the first to visit hamster heaven as she was sick for at least one month. I even took her to the vet but eventually she recovered by herself. Among the 3 hammies, I adore Sooty the most. Why? She's the naughtiest of all and her fur color is the nicest. It was love at first sight at the pet shop and I knew she's gonna be mine! Don't puke because it's the truth ok? >____< *cry*

I thought she's really sleeping.

She looked peaceful no?

Sharp teeth that bit me endless times. I still can't tame her. =(

I still think she's too young to die though hammy's lifespan is 1-2 years.

Sooty in her little casket with some of her favourite food.

Earlier today, my 老豆 (dad, Mr. Boss) asked why am I so emo. I told him about Sooty and he advised me not to get any more hammies. He joked that my 生辰八字 (shen chen ba zi) with 老鼠 (lao2 shu3/mouse) is not ngam because I'm from Kuching and 'kucing' doesn't get along with 老鼠!! LOL. I don't care la. I want to rear Roborovski hammies next, Mr. BF! Blek! Here are some cute pictures of Little Miss Sooty.

Corn is her fave.



Sobs. Now the hamster cage is empty. I got no hammies to torture play with no more. /emo

*** Special thanks to pigu for the chinese translation. ;)


10 comments:

Cyren Asteraceya Wong said...

Oh my goodness!

I feel terribly sorry for you!

But don't you think you're desrespecting Sooty's remain's by taking pictures of her dead and so indecent and posting it up for the world to see?

What I mean to say is...you wouldn't do that to a relative or a close friend would you?

PEACE OUT

Eryn said...

Hmmm. It's just for remembrance because many of my friends know Sooty also ma. She died peacefully so I don't think it's a big deal. Argh!

>__<"

Iris said...

sobs..i feel so sorry for you. Thats why i never dare to have a pet myself. I couldnt bear the feeling to have lost one of my love ones(it)...

The Devil said...

clean up the cage properly to kill the virus left behind so that ur new hammies wont be infected.

n...

try not to let ur hammies run around on the floor...

last time i let them run around in car porch.... few days later 1 by 1 died...

ÅnGe|e said...

Ohh i'm sorry to hear about Sooty =(

May she rest in peace. Now little Sooty is in heaven with Tooty and Fabby.

wyenn said...

RIP Sooty~ :(

Chen said...

Sorry to hear about that.
Rest in peace Sooty

It's sad when our beloved pets passed away. I had few hamsters at different time in the past (5 altogether). But it's kinda "painful" to have hamster as pet as their life span is short.. Hence i no longer keep hamster d.

maoi said...

Bye bye Sooty...
we will alwiz remembered her...

please RIP~

Pink Cotton said...

aww..my condolences...sniff

i've had my fair share of hamster grieving years ago...and i told myself enough was enough! :P

Miss J said...

You have my condolences. I didn't know Sooty has gone to heaven. How sad.