Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dessert Anyone?


I've been cooking desserts every weekend. Today, I'm trying 6 味 (as in 6 tastes) or some say Leng Chee Kang. Can someone tell me the difference between these 2??? Normally we would go Jelutong for the famous Leng Lui Tong Sui for supper. They have a wide range of ingredients to choose from and basically, it's a mix and match of your own Leng Chee Kang. Definitely YUMMY I would say. ;)

This is how the dessert looks like.

As for my own version, the ingredients are very much limited. No sweet potato, no jelly, no gingko nuts and no big red beans. I added dried longans (龙眼), sago, dried sea coconut, snow fungus (soak till soft), barley and some fresh longans.

Adding the very last item; snow fungus.

Boil everything for at least 30-45 minutes before serving.

Yum. It tastes nicer with ice cubes. ;)

I wonder what dessert to cook next. Any suggestions or recipes to share? ;)


3 comments:

The Devil said...

the desert is also known in Singapore as "ching tang" or "clear soup"

next.. u can cook... hammies soup with atapchi :P hahahah

iamdoryfish said...

cook ginko barli?

Miss J said...

i want this recipe too... once i go back into cooking mode laa :P