Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Vietnamese VS Swiss Food


I guess there are not much places selling Vietnamese food in Penang. Last night, we had dinner at Miss Saigon which is located at E-Gate. If I'm not mistaken, they started operating in May and for the first few months, it's always jam packed with people. Last night was the first time I tried this Vietnamese cuisine in Penang though. We went there once like 2 p.m. during weekend but they were closed. Too bad.


Mr. BF ordered their Vietnamese Special Coffee. This is the second time we tried this kind of coffee and I think the Vietnamese Restaurant (food & coffee) in Sunway Pyramid, KL is way much better.

Pour the hot coffee and let it drip.

*drip drip drip*

Next, add milk and it's done!

I had the lemongrass tea for RM4.80. I love it!

Since there were 5 of us, the waitress suggested a set of spring rolls of all kinds. RM14.80 for this starter and I think I prefer the kind where we can add our preferred ingredients and make our own spring rolls instead.


A friend ordered this and he said the rice tasted like the garlic rice in Manhattan Fish Market. LOL.

Mr. BF's cat fish set. What's cat fish anyway? Hmm...

Guess what I had?

Beef Noodle of course! It's RM12.80 if I'm not mistaken.

Everyone was so hungry so I couldn't stop them from eating their food and let me snap a pic of what they ordered eh? LOL. Hmm. Where else has yummy Vietnamese food in Penang? Tell me!!!

Miss Saigon is located at 1-01-15 E-Gate (next to Old Town Coffee), E-Gate, Lebuh Tunku Kudin 2, Gelugor, Penang (Tel: 04 229 0263). Business hour is from 11am to 3pm and from 6pm till 11pm daily.

*************************************************

As for dinner tonight, we had Swiss food! Edelweiss Cafe is the first and only Swiss Restaurant in Penang and I've been wanting to try it out. Located at Armenian Street, the place is quite secluded I'd say.

Gigantic old clock.

The environment is quite cosy and unique.

Soup of the Day (I wish it's creamier) with Garlic Bread which I think is only so-so. =(

Cla's Smoked Pork Sausage (RM31). He said he doesn't like the sauce.

My BBQ Ribs for RM26. I still prefer the ribs I had at Ribs Restaurant.
So, if you ever visit this restaurant, the ribs IS NOT RECOMMENDED totally.


Mr BF's Pork Sausages with Melted Cheese.

When we asked for the bill, we got this.
The LED is supposed to lit but apparently it's not working anymore. LOL.

They have CHEESE FONDUE but it's freaking expensive (RM75) so we didn't try that. Too bad then. I don't think I will pay them a second visit in the near future. They're definitely not as nice as the reviews I read online. Well, we still prefer Ingolf Restaurant (sells delicious German food) located at Tanjung Bungah. Anyways, Edelweiss Cafe is located at No.38, Armenian Street, 10200 Penang (Tel: 04 261 8935). They are closed on Mondays, open from 12 noon to 11pm with set lunches and set dinners available. Oh ya. They even have a website here. LOL.

Another day off tomorrow. I wonder what's next. Perhaps a short road trip to Butterworth I hope. Anyways, Selamat Hari Raya! =P

5 comments:

CK Lam said...

There is a Vietnamese food outlet around Pulau Tikus area... The COM VIET is located behind Maxim Cake House.

Pink Cotton said...

i think catfish is ikan keli rite? :P

yea anotehr day of holiday...i m running out of ideas on what to do...hmm

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Come and join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach in Penang this Christmas with watersports activities included! Sign up now! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com THanks! I'm not spamming your blog. Just want to inform you thru the fastest way:)

Zeekco said...

he vietnamese food definately looks delicious. Ive tried Elderweiss before though i think the food is only so-so. Hey, there's a new korean restaurant called Korean Palace just before you reach Island Plaza. Its on your left shoplot. NIce place and affordable price. Go try it! and plz wait for our outing for the Sake Room japanese food. hahahah

Miss J said...

I tried the vietnamese food at eGATE and I think it's lousy. The garlic rice is too garlicky, if there's such a word.

You really went to many new places to try out food over the holidays huh? How much damage done? (in $$$) :P