Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Now it's WAY overloaded!


I came home and I found Cheeky dead. I guess his 'batch' couldn't last that long. I got him last September and his partner in crime (Chocky) only survived for a few days with me. Huhu.

Cheeky vs Chocky

Aging Cheeky. Now you know why I named him Cheeky? ;)

I thought I'm left with 2 Roborovski hamsters but apparently it's NOT! Yesterday while trying to clean the cage, I heard squeaking sound and when I looked closely, I saw little pink pups hiding beneath one of my hamsters! GOSH! I thought my hamsters are all MALE but they are NOT! OMG OMG OMG! I didn't even notice my hamster getting fatter/pregnant!!! Iskh iksh.

Hammy delivering 4 babies. An hour later, I saw another 1 more.





See the baby hanging on her 'ahem' while she ran here and there?

Interesting no? LOL. I have to wait for 4 weeks before I can clean the cage. Hopefully, all 5 babies can survive and I have to remove them before they start to mate again!! Huhu.

Now, who wants to adopt my little hamster babies? I'm looking for potential adopters/buyers ( I don't mind selling if you're willing to pay!!! 10 bucks for one? LOL.) in Penang. Maybe I can start hamster breeding business soon. ROFL.

6 comments:

Pink Cotton said...

omg...u only found out your hamster's female when u saw babies in the cage??hahha so funny ge...

me me! i wanto adopt! can ah? :P
i ask that someone to take care first...wahaha

Eryn said...

CAN! If they managed to survive. Heheh.

Jocelyn said...

take some pics and show me when you can... if u wan i can help u ask if anyone wants to adopt..
how much or foc?
i wonder if my Jelly is boy or girl
i'm never giving him a friend la
later turn out he's a she!!!

Jocelyn said...

forgot to ask. how many hamsters u have now including the babies?

Zeekco said...

Eryn, can you give me some of the hamster babies? they're so cute and im sure they taste great in tomyum soup.

The Devil said...

aiks... u didnt cover up the whole cage?

after the hammies give birth, u cannot touch them, the mama or the babies if not the babies will be eaten alive by the mama...

best way is... cover up the whole cage with a4 paper or newspaper... fill up their foods n drinks and wait for few weeks till the babies can run around...

if any babies is seperated from the mama.. use ruler or something to push it back to the mama... dont use hand...

they hate human smell on their babies...